Sunday, September 12, 2010

EFM: Earlier Football Mornings

I can't decide if this is the most or least appropiate
jersey to wear here. But if you were unaware, the
Bengals have a player who changed his last name
to Ochocinco (formerly Chad Johnson).
You can go ahead and move this one into the plus column: Mountain Standard Time = three less hours of waiting for football to start. At least for the time being. After day light savings, it will be two hours, but still an improvement.

Saturday morning, it was college football at 9 a.m. Today, the NFL kicks off at 10 a.m. It used to be in the States, I'd seldom stay up to watch all of the Sunday night game because it started so late as well as the Monday night game. Now they will be starting before dinner.

In my previous life before foreign service, I spent a week in London for work; tough assignment, but someone had to do it. It was about this time of the year, actually, and I remember how weird it was that the early games - the ones that start at 1 p.m. on the East Coast - didn't start until like 6 or 7 p.m. The afternoon slate didn't begin until 9 or 10 p.m. Forget about Sunday and Monday night football. Of course, I was in London for one week, so I really wasn't that interested in football anyway. I could survive a week without.

I don't know how those of you serving east of Eastern Europe get by. I love watching pro football, and even some college football, if there is a good match up. I found waiting until 1 p.m. to be a horrendous task at times. I couldn't imagine waiting until dinner, or later, or missing the season altogether.

It is just about 8 a.m., which means I only have two more hours until kick off. I am ready for some football.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds glorious! This is why I am bidding on Latin American posts. Right now, I'm 12 hours ahead of you, so the NFL games will start at 10pm my time (in 40 minutes)... I'll watch some, then go to bed, and then watch the late games when I wake up in the morning. If you like watching football, stay away from ASIA... or get a TiVo... which is in my air freight... which still hasn't arrived. Go Falcons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny I didn't know he changed his name but always wondered what the story was behind Ochocinco's name. And of course this knowledge comes not from football but from watching Dancing w the Stars. :)
    (my husband's the football nut..and I will have to point this time thing out to him and maybe it will sway him to prefer WHA..)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing. Waking up to sports sounds fantastic. Too bad about the Bengals. They'll always be my second-favorite team. Unfortunately, my favorite team is the Lions.

    ReplyDelete